Stonewall Community Development Corporation is working to ensure that older LGBTQ adults in our community have access to welcoming and supportive housing and related services.
Our latest project STONEWALL VILLAGE NYC is an online community designed to bring together a network of providers and resources to empower New York LGBTQ seniors.
Help us test this service!
We are seeking participants for a test run this summer. By letting us know what you like and don’t like, you will guide us to make sure we are providing a truly useful community tool. We will show you how to use the website and then you will explore its offerings by yourself, or with the assistance of someone from our Geek Squad.
These are the offerings under consideration. They will be open to any New York City older adult who respects diversity and might include:
* Access to assistance in preparing for affordable housing applications, Medicaid and Medicare
* Referrals to repair and maintenance vendors, lawyers and accountants and other service providers, certified to be culturally competent with LGBTQ people and older adults.
* Access to discounted products, shopping and transportation assistance
* Access to lifelong learning programs, meet up groups and online Special Interest Groups
* Extensive listings of cultural events, free and discounted admissions and meet up outings